Stain Removal Quick Reference Guide
- If dry, always vacuum first!
- ALWAYS USE GLOVES, particularly with Dry Cleaning Fluids
- Attend to liquid spills promptly.
- Dilute with cold water and soak up excess
- Repeat for as long as you are achieving a positive result.
- DO NOT SCRUB! Blot or use a “tapping” action only if needed
- Avoid bleach-based products
- Leave carpets as dry as possible, do not soak the carpets, use all cleaning agents sparingly
- Don’t over wet with solvents (eg turps and dry cleaning fluid), they can damage the carpet backing.
If you can’t remove a fresh stain, call Ultraclean carpets & Tiles to attend to it as soon as possible. Not allowing it to set can make it easier to remove.
Useful Stain Removers
- Detergent solution (1 teaspoon Dish Washing liquid to 1Lt of water) or a good, WoolSafe approved carpet stain remover
- Methylated Spirits
- Cloudy Ammonia (1 part ammonia to 15 parts water)
- Mineral Turps
- Dry Cleaning Fluid (e.g. White Spirit)
- White Wine Vinegar (1 part vinegar to 1 part water)